Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jetfire review with pictures...

I finally found the Classics Jetfire toy. I gather this was based on a comic design (Stormbringer), changed just enough so Bandai and/or Harmony Gold couldn't sue Hasbro.


The Super Jet form that the toy comes packaged in. The guns automatically pop out when the red part near the thruster is pulled back.

The "Skyfire" form of Jetfire, with Rodimus manning the backpack as a gun emplacement. (Dave Van Domelen did the gun emplacement thing first).


The Super form of Jetfire which resembles the Valkyrie design. The wings look to me like those of a butterfly when set this way.

While the toy didn't remind me of any classic anime designs besides the blatantly obvious, it did remind me of a ship design in one of my favorite video games: the Mmrnmhrm Transformer in the STAR CONTROL series. The Transformer ship was actually two-in-one: the X-form was a slow moving, but maneuverable form which fired a steadly double-laser beam, while the Y form was a fast moving ship that fired very weak missiles. Sadly, the ship didn't transform into a robot.

My impression of the X-form.

border=
My impression of the Y-form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home