Sunday, November 26, 2006

Leopardon SOC video

Here's a review of an expensive adult collector toy by...an actual toy-age child!

Soul of Chogokin Leopaldon & Spider man Review


Leopaldon & Spiderman at CollectionDX


I'm kind of waffling on getting this. I own an original DX Leopardon which faithfully replicates the transformation just like the SOC and has launching fists, but only a molded Arc Turn crest (which wasn't fired in the video - I suppose that the kid's father didn't want it lost). The toy comes with two very short swords and one VERY big sword (a moderate-size sword was used in the TV series and SOC).

Neither toy fires "Spider/Leopardon String" (this was named differently in different episodes*) firing from its chest or has its eyes light up (used in episode #4 to see a monster through smoke).

* - Interestingly, I think that episode #4 was the only time that the Leopardon String ever tied anything up -every other episode had the string just knock the monster back.

The SOC seems to have all the gimmicks of the original with greater poseability. But no nipple missiles. It seems to be pretty durable, which is a plus - I don't bang toys around, but I'm the biggest klutz in the universe.

The shield included with the SOC was never used in the series, and to my knowledge never came with an official toy. A Korean bootleg (which is an upsized "standard" Leopardon toy) does come with a (cheap) shield.

Yeah, I know I'll succumb eventually to the Leo lure. But I still want the Jumbo Machinder the most (a beaten up one at Jpn store Mandarake is going for $4K according to Alt and Machias the Otackers - AAAARGH!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home